Friday, February 4, 2011

Dhal(lentils) with carrot

I was kinda confused what to prepare when i woke up at 10:30 am. I have to reach office by 2 pm. I searched my kitchen and found one carrot and onions. So only choice was dhal and carrot.

I boiled dhal (masoor dhal) with chopped carrot and turmeric powder.
Heat pan, add oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, sliced onions, green chillies and curry leaves. 2 flakes of garlic(optional). saute till brown.
Add the boiled dhal and carrot, salt and chilli powder.
Let it boil well for few mins and its done! Garnish with Coriander leaves.

Can add little coriander powder for flavour, if you like.
I dont mention the quantity coz it depends of you, how much quantity you like to prepare and in what consistency and taste you like.

This was my second recipe in the blog and i would like to type the recipies for everything i prepare daily. That will be first helpful for my further reference and also others sometime. Tomorrow is Sunday so would try something new. C ya.......

No comments:

Post a Comment